Standing Rules of the Board of Directors
as amended October 2021.
- A primary obligation of the members of the Board is to recruit members, to “talk up” the Society among friends; and to serve as recruiting ambassadors among other groups of which they are members.
- Board meetings are restricted to Society members. Non-members must receive prior approval from the Board.
- All directors are expected to perform the functions of the office to which they are elected or appointed. If they discover materials pertaining to another director’s office, they should forward that information immediately to the director or other officer in charge of that particular office or program.
- Members of the Board absent from two (2) consecutive meetings of the Board without proxy or permission, or from ten (10) consecutive meetings with or without proxy, will be considered as having resigned from the Board.
- Members of the Board of Directors who report no time or expenses for twelve consecutive months shall be considered as having resigned from the Board.
- Directors, Officers, Committee chairmen, Deans, and Coordinators
are expected to give annual reports to the Board of the activities which they oversee.
- Directors wishing to have an action item placed on the agenda should inform Headquarters in writing at least three (3) c
alendar days prior to the meeting; minor items requiring no action may be added to the agenda up to one day before the meeting.
- Directors wishing to have an item distributed to their fellow directors must forward this information to the Consuls for distribution. If possible this information should coincide with some other mailing to avoid additional postage.
This page maintained by the Webmaster at the direction of the Board of Directors. Last modified 16 October 2021.